The Whitman House Restaurant and Bass Tavern Established 1894 -- Welcoming visitors for over 100 years
Whitman HouseDownload printable version
|Clam casino, oyster scampi, stuffed clam, portuguese oyster, stuffed mushroom||$9.95|
|Blackened swordfish, scallops and jumbo shrimp served with Bearnaise sauce|
|Two Person $13.95||Four Person $24.95|
|Baked Portuguese Oysters||$8.95||Native Clams Casino||$6.95|
|Skewered Scallops & Bacon||$7.95||Potato Skins||$4.95|
|Jumbo Baked Stuffed Sea Clam||$6.95||Baked Oyster Scampi||$8.95|
|Large Iced Gulf Shrimp||$2.00/ea||Native Littleneck Clams||$1.25/ea|
|Wellfleet Oysters||$2.00/ea||Stuffed Mushrooms||$5.95|
|Seared Tuna - Wasabi and Soy||$10.95|
Soups & Chowders
|Clam Chowder||$4.95||Clam Chowder (Bowl)||$7.95|
|Kale Soup||$4.95||Kale Soup (Bowl)||$7.95|
|Onion Soup en Crock||$7.95|
|Fettuccini Alfredo with Vegetables||$21.95|
A la Carte
|Native Corn on the Cob||$1.95||Vegetable of the Day||$3.95|
|Caramelized Spanish Onions||$3.95||Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms||$3.95|
LobsterDue to the fluctuation of lobster prices, daily fare will be quoted.
- King of the SeaBrought in fresh daily by our New England lobstermen. This two pound baked stuffed lobster is filled with scallops, Maine crabmeat, and seafood stuffing - allow forty minutes. ~ Two pound king also available ~
- Cape Cod LobstersNative lobsters that range in size from 1 1/4 pounds to 2 pounds to 3 pounds. We prepare them either boiled or baked stuffed, served with drawn butter.
- Beef and ReefBoiled 1 1/4 pound native lobster served with a char-broiled petite filet mignon.
- Teri & Teri $23.95Broiled steak teriyaki alongside broiled chicken teriyaki.
- Prime Time $30.95Roast Prime Rib served with a casserole of baked stuffed shrimp.
- Surf and Turf $26.95A casserole of local sea scallops baked on our house stuffing, enhanced by a steak teriyaki that is broiled to perfection.
- Land & Sea $26.95Jumbo Baked Stuffed Shrimp accompanied with a 5 oz. Filet Mignon.
- Coast to Coast $27.95Blackened Atlantic Swordfish served along side of a 5 oz. Filet Mignon, sauce bernaise.
- Rail and Tail $30.95Maine Lobster Tail served along side of a 5 oz. Filet Mignon, sauce bernaise.
- Roast Prime Rib of Beef Perfectly aged, perfectly prepared, and simply delicious, a cut above the rest. Served "Au Jus" naturellement.
- Petite Cut $26.95
- Whitman House Cut $31.95
- Cattleman's Cut $35.95
- Blackened Native Swordfish $22.95Slightly blackened, sauteed until golden brown and succulent. Remains moist and flavorful. Chef's favorite, served with bearnaise sauce.
- Baked Seafood Assortment $22.95A combination of Boston cod, sea scallops, and jumbo shrimp, served with lemon.
- Native Sea Scallops $23.95Baked in casserole with house stuffing.
- Chicken Parmesan $17.95Boneless breast of chicken sauteed in butter and finished in marinara sauce and cheese. Served with pasta.
- Chicken Teriyaki $16.95Chicken breast marinated and char-broiled.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu $18.95Sauteed skinless chicken breast baked with Virginia ham and cheese.
- Chicken a la Whitman $18.95Sauteed 100% organic chicken breast topped with asparagus and cheese - baked with crumbs.
- Blackened Chicken $16.95Sauteed breast of chicken with blackening spices & salsa.
- Shrimp Scampi $18.95Sauteed shrimp in garlic butter and white wine, served over angel hair pasta.
- ORIGINAL Baked Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp $22.95Six large souther shrimp and our seafood stuffing in casserole, baked to a savory doneness and served with drawn butter.
- Native Striped Bass (in season) $22.95This 11 oz. filet is prepared either blackened (add $2.00) or char-grilled.
- Classic Seafood Newburg $18.95A delicate blend of scallops, Maine crabmeat and gulf shrimp sauteed in sweet butter, sherry and a basic Bechamel (white) sauce.
- Atlantic Swordfish $19.95Fresh Native fish prepared char-broiled, grilled to perfection.
- Fisherman's CatchFresh filets brought in daily from our local fisherman.Baked quickly with olive oil and crumbs.
- Filet of Sole $18.95
- Boston Scrod $16.95
- Filet of Salmon $19.95this farm raised fish is prepared either blackened (add $2.00) or char-grilled.
- Blackened Tuna $21.95Thick cut fresh bluefin tuna, blackened and served with soy & wasabi. These steaks have the best flavor when eaten rare.
- Fresh Bluefish (in season)$18.95Baked in a hot oven with onion & seasonings.
- Hefty Sirloin 14 ounces of boneless steer beef.
- Char-broiled $24.95
- Blackened $26.95
- Barn Room Sirloin For the smaller appetite - 11 ounces.
- Char-broiled $21.95
- Blackened $22.95
- Prime Filet Mignon $32.95Cut from the heavy tenderloin, 10 oz. of the finest Western beef, served with bearnaise sauce.
- Steak Tips $19.95Sauteed marinated steak tips in butter, excellent flavor.
- Bone-In Prime Loin Veal Chop $22.9512 oz chop containing the rib eye & tenderloin. Char-broiled - Tender.
- Twin Pork Chops $17.95Char-broiled 8 oz. boneless pork chops served with a bourbon dipping sauce.
- Swordfish (char-grilled) $15.95
- Baked Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp (smaller)$16.95
- Baked Boston Cod $14.95
- Baked Native Scallops $17.95
- Baked Seafood Assortment $16.95
- N.Y. Sirloin (8 oz.) $17.95
- Steak Teriyaki (8 oz.) $18.95
- Broiled Pork Chops $12.95
Children's Menu (12 & Younger)All items served with French fries except Pasta dish.
- Chicken Teriyaki (cranberry sauce) $10.95
- Chicken Nuggets $10.95
- Pork Chop (apple sauce) $10.95
- Char-broiled Hamburger $10.95
- Corn Dog $10.95
- Pasta (tomato sauce) $10.95
© 1998-2019 Whitman House Restaurant. All rights reserved.
designed By Elena Rice
designed By Elena Rice